We’re recruiting an experienced Communications Officer to join our growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop in a fast-paced environment where you can drive positive change within food, farming and land use.
- Salary: £29,000, depending on experience
- Hours: Full time, 1-year contract with potential for extension
- Location: Remote home working anywhere in the UK
The successful applicant will support the Communications Manager and play a key role in our daily communications and digital media, including social media, website, newsletters and podcasts.
This role is suited to someone who has the enthusiasm to learn and is an excellent communicator. We want someone who is highly self-motivated for a virtual team and thrives in collaboration. We don’t expect you to be an expert in food and farming but to have some knowledge of our key work areas, including knowledge sharing of best farm practices and awareness of policy development within climate, trade, food, land use and agriculture across all four UK countries. We want to see a passion for the environment and sustainable food and farming, with a keenness to learn and bring new ideas for how we communicate the messages of our core campaigns.
You will have excellent copywriting and written communication skills with experience in managing complex campaigns. As part of a small but experienced team, there will be plenty of scope for learning to develop campaigns, produce creative content and build compelling communications through multiple outputs.
- Helping create and implement our communications strategy
- Ownership of our Public & Farmer membership newsletters
- Helping to create, manage and monitor content on our social media, including growing our channel audiences and identifying opportunities for developing our social media narrative and presence
- Helping to increase our membership through compelling campaign communications
- Helping launch our new website and keeping it up to date, ensuring our calendar of events is updated regularly
- Developing content for campaigns and helping to manage complex events both in-person and online
- Monitoring the media for coverage and identifying media opportunities
- Helping manage stakeholder engagements with key partners and coordinating engagement around key campaign moments
- Coordinating delivery of content for NFFN’s resources, including writing and design of high-quality content for print and our website
- Running social media campaigns, including paid social media advertising
- Supporting the creation of content, including copywriting, editing, video editing, photography and infographic design
The role is home-based anywhere in the UK, with regular travel throughout the UK.
We would like the successful candidate to start in this exciting new role as soon as possible. Please read the Job Description for full details.
Applications close on Wednesday 10 August 5pm. Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close early if we find the right person for this role.
Click here to download the application form. Please note CVs are not accepted, and you must have a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience.
Thank you for your interest.